Friday, May 30, 2014

Curriculum with Costumes


With six days left in the school year, my daughter's second grade class got a chance to dress up like "pioneers" for school.

I've known about this event for two weeks but let's face it--I was counting on my daughter forgetting about it or just wearing a skirt and peasant top and being satisfied.

Besides, I had roller derby practice the night before and we've been trying to paint her bedroom for the last week. This doesn't leave much time for looking for pioneer costumes on Pinterest.

But fueled by last minute fear she would feel like a failure if I didn't dress it up a bit, I did what I always do: Kick Ass Procrastinated Project.

With not a single cup of coffee (NO TIME!) and less than an hour before school, I folded and sewed two yards of scrap fabric into a passable bonnet and tied the rest around her, apron-wise, with a scrap tie.

I'm not ashamed of the results, even if Liv does not look overly thrilled. Perhaps she is getting into character?

I could have just sent her to school inher brother's   Oregon Trail T-Shirt that says, "You have died of dysentery."

No comments:

Post a Comment