Tuesday, September 2, 2014

This is Why I Don't Scrapbook

My kids were not thrilled to be going back to school. They don't hate school. But we are not organized, nor are we morning people so getting to school on a normal day takes immense effort on everyone's part. Their dad leaves for work early so he asked me to snap a photo of the first day and I tried to oblige. I envy all the moms with smiling kids or funny faces and hand made signs indicating each child's grades. The brushed hair, the matching clothes, and the special Back-to-School breakfasts. We scarfed down some toast and cold cereal and as the kids were climbing into the van I said, "Wait! Your dad wants a picture!" My daughter (naturally) refused. I grabbed my phone quickly and managed to snap this before she climbed in and slammed the door. This girl will take silly selfies all day. She makes videos with her iPod Touch and wants her own YouTube channel. But when I want a decent snapshot, I get freakin' Linda Blair Hairy Eyeballs.

No comments:

Post a Comment